The Arkansas Convention Center is conveniently located on I-30 with easy access to I-49 and Interstate Loop 369. U.S. Highways 59, 67, 71 and 82 all run through the Texarkana area, making it a convenient and central hub for the region. The Texarkana Regional Airport is a 45-minute flight away from DFW International Airport. Rideshare services Uber and Lyft are available in Texarkana, along with taxi services and the T-Line Bus.
Need help finding food, fun, and entertainment for your event attendees? Let us know!
A City in Two States
“Arkansas side or Texas side?” you’ll hear around town. Head to historic downtown Texarkana and get your photo taken in front of our Federal Courthouse & Post Office, the only federal building in the U.S. that straddles two states—and the second most photographed post office in the nation.
While you’re down there, park at the Museum of Regional History and hop on a bike for a quick ride to one of our downtown eateries, then take a walk down memory lane and learn about the birth of Texarkana as a railroad junction at the Lindsay Railroad Museum.
Things to Do in Texarkana
- Visit one of the many beautiful parks, including Spring Lake Park and Bringle Lake Park on the Texas side and Bobby Ferguson Park on the Arkansas side.
- Enjoy the wildlife and fish at Wright Patman Lake and Millwood Lake.
- See what’s happening Downtown at Front Street Festival Plaza.
- Taste the best the Arklatex has to offer at Gateway Farmer’s Market and Texarkana Farmers’ Market
- In the summer, beat the heat at Spring Lake Park’s Rotary Splash Pad (free) or Holiday Springs Water Park, located right behind the convention center.
- Hit the links at New Haven Golf Club, Oak Grove Golf Club, Northridge Country Club, Texarkana Golf Ranch and Texarkana Country Club.
- Explore galleries at the historic downtown Regional Arts Center.
- Take in a Broadway show (or stop by for a free tour) at the historic Perot Theatre.
Where the locals eat
- Ironwood Grill
- Pecan Point Gastropub & Brewery
- Naaman’s Championship BBQ
- Reggie’s Burgers, Fries and Dogs
- Twisted Fork
- Hopkins Icehouse
- Silver Star Smokehouse
- Taste and See Chocolates
- 30 Burger
- Tacos Mi Pueblo
- U.S. Pizza Co.
- Amigo Juan
- Scottie’s Grill
- Cattleman’s Steak House
- Joe’s Pizza & Pasta
- Park Place
- Johnny B’s